Minus 50 is a highly efficient blend of R290 and R170, propane and ethane. When switching from R22, R502, R407C, and R404A power bills can be dramatically reduced, and the wear and tear on the air conditioning system can also be minimised.
HyChill Minus 50 is the Natural Organic solution for low temperature refrigeration and air-conditioning systems previously charged with HCFC R22 or CFC R502.
An air conditioner or refrigeration system charged with Minus 50 uses up to 20% less power than HCFC-based refrigerants. Because hydrocarbon refrigerant is more efficient, it can cool a room down to the temperature set by the thermostat in less time. In hot weather, this can result in substantial energy savings.
Features and benefits
- Operates at similar pressures to R22 and R407C
- Similar volumetric refrigerating effect to R22 and R407C
- Can be used in a R22 or R407C compressor.
- Can be used with R22 or R407C heat exchangers and expansion devices
- Compatible with most common refrigeration materials and lubricants
Application and use
For use in commercial and industrial refrigeration and air-conditioning systems where R22 has traditionally been used.
Hydrocarbon refrigerants are flammable and must be handled in a safe and responsible manner by properly qualified, trained and/or experienced technicians and mechanics. Relevant regulations or standards should always be adhered to.
Most commonly used refrigerants when mixed with oil vapour and air can be flammable. In plain terms, hydrocarbon refrigerant is safe for both refrigeration and air conditioning use. However, like petrol, solvents, and other commonly used volatile products, hydrocarbon refrigerant are highly flammable, and therefore should not be released in the presence of an ignition source.
HyChill hydrocarbon refrigerants have a distinctive "rotting cabbage" odour added to to assist with leak detection. The odour can fade with time.
- High Purity Hydrocarbon Refrigerant
- Cylinder has a liquid withdrawal valve (upright position labelled)
- Packed in a cardboard box including refrigerant ID labels
- Safety Data Sheets and other usage guides available at https://hychill.com.au/sds or mailed on request.
4.5kg, 9kg cylinders and 400g cans
Cylinders are fitted with a standard refrigeration liquid withdrawal valve.
HyChill Minus 50 does not require an ARC licence