Minus 40 is a high-purity R290 [propane] single ingredient refrigerant used in medium to low temperature refrigeration systems. Ideal for domestic and commercial air conditioning and refrigeration.
HyChill Minus 40 is the natural organic solution for air conditioning and medium temperature refrigeration. Its superior thermodynamic properties make it an ideal refrigerant for use in systems that aim at 6-star Energy Efficiency rating.
- Superb energy efficiency and cooling performance
- Operates at lower pressures than synthetic refrigerants
- Significantly reduced charge weight (only 40% of the original charge weight required!)
- Compatible with existing design heat exchangers and expansion devices and common
refrigeration materials and lubricants
- Ideal for use in commercial and industrial refrigeration and air-conditioning systems
where energy efficiency and consistent performance matter.
- Minus 40 (R290) is emerging as the future OEM refrigerant of choice for chillers, cool
rooms and hydrocarbon-designed split systems.
Hydrocarbon refrigerants are flammable and must be handled in a safe and responsible manner by properly qualified, trained and/or experienced technicians and mechanics. Relevant regulations or standards should always be adhered to.
Most commonly used refrigerants when mixed with oil vapour and air can be flammable. In plain terms, hydrocarbon refrigerant is safe for both refrigeration and air conditioning use. However, like petrol, solvents, and other commonly used volatile products, hydrocarbon refrigerant are highly flammable, and therefore should not be released in the presence of an ignition source.
HyChill hydrocarbon refrigerants have a distinctive "rotting cabbage" odour added to to assist with leak detection. The odour can fade with time.
- High Purity Hydrocarbon Refrigerant
- Cylinder has a liquid withdrawal valve (upright position labelled)
- Packed in a cardboard box including refrigerant ID labels
- Safety Data Sheets and other usage guides available at https://hychill.com.au/sds or mailed on request.
4.5kg, 9kg cylinders and 400g cans
Cylinders are fitted with a standard refrigeration liquid withdrawal valve.
HyChill Minus 40 does not require an ARC licence